O TECHNOLOGII PAXMAN
The Paxman Scalp Cooling System is globally recognized as the leading product for hair-loss prevention during chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer.
World-class System. World-class Service.
Scalp cooling is a simple treatment that can prevent hair loss caused by certain chemotherapy drugs. The use of scalp cooling has been proven to be effective in preventing chemotherapy-induced alopecia, or hair loss, and can result in patients retaining much of the hair. Some patients retain all of it. For people receiving chemotherapy, scalp cooling can mean the opportunity to regain some control, ensure some privacy, and maintain a positive attitude toward treatment.
Used by patients with breast cancer, with most commonly used chemotherapy drug regimens, the Paxman Scalp Cooling System is specifically designed to meet the needs of both patients and nursing staff. A compact unit means the system can be easily operated, quickly transported, and efficiently stored. Single or dual patient units mean greater flexibility for your center.
Our advanced system delivers a high level of technology, service, and best practices across the board.
World-class reasons to use Paxman:
- Clinically proven success rates
- Requires little nursing time
- Each patient will receive a personal, single-patient-use cap packaged with other items
- Lightweight, comfortable cap is easy to use, and the system is low maintenance
- Paxman Hub has case managers who help patients with information and cap access
- Paxman instructional videos (on our patient website) clearly explain cap fitting
- Cleared by the FDA
- Serviced in the United States
- Extensive global experience
The Paxman Scalp Cooling System is available in 2 models to allow either 1 patient to be treated or 2 patients to be independently treated at the same time.
The Paxman Scalp Cooling System offers many benefits for use in hospitals, chemotherapy clinics, or healthcare facilities.
Providing the leading scalp-cooling technology for hair-loss prevention, the system consists of a compact refrigeration unit containing a coolant that is circulated through specially designed cooling caps. The coolant lines are supported by a raised, adjustable arm to offer maximum comfort for the patient.
- Small, compact size, which is easily maneuvered
- Single or dual patient unit, which are independently controlled
- Easy-to-read, touch-screen visual display with system-status graphics
- One-touch switch operation for simple ease of use
- Scientifically developed, low-temperature, nonviscous coolant with ultraefficient heat transfer properties
- Instant cooling capability once connected to the system to allow immediate use
- Visual and audible alarms for restricted and no-flow coolant conditions
- High–ambient-temperature warning alarm
- Countdown timer with touch-screen access and visual display
- System-diagnostics access for operators
- Coded access for service engineers
- Telephone technical support
- Pay-for-use token in the cap gets scanned, which starts the Paxman Scalp Cooling System machine. The session cost is then depleted from the patent’s account (set up through the Paxman Hub)
The most important feature of the Paxman Scalp Cooling System is the lightweight design of the personal single-patient-use cap.
Designed for Flexibility
Manufactured from medical-grade, soft-silicone material, the cap is light, yet flexible and strong, and easy to use. The Paxman Cap provides a close fit around the patient’s head. After extensive anthropometric research regarding head shapes, 3 different cap sizes were developed to meet the needs of all patients. Personal Paxman Scalp Cooling Cap covers have a logo that is color coordinated by size. (Red – Small / Purple – Medium / Blue – Large.)
As coolant passes through the cap to extract heat from the patient’s scalp, inline temperature sensors ensure the cap maintains the scalp at an even, constant temperature. A neoprene cover is provided with the Paxman Cap to assist in the efficiency and operation of the system. Insulating it and protecting it from high room temperatures, the cover absorbs condensation and ensures good contact with the scalp-an essential factor for successful treatment.
One of the adverse side effects can be a transient headache. Some patients may require mild pain-relief medication to reduce this side effect. As patients may feel cold from time to time, blankets should be made available for extra patient comfort.
Connects and Disconnects Easily
Paxman Caps are attached to the Scalp Cooling System with easily operated, quickrelease, nondrip plastic couplings. Once the treatment is finished, the cap can be disconnected from the coolant line.